Home   Forums   Downloads   Account   Photos

Search for at
Pleco World Advanced Search

L-333 "Porto Do Moz"

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Pleco World Forum Index -> Pleco Breeding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FantasticFins

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:41 pm Post subject: L-333 "Porto Do Moz" Reply with quote

My favorite L-333 and the only L-333 I know of to have spots in their doral fins. Some have spotted dorsal, and some do not.

Without spots

with spots

female in stress color as opposed to spawning dress

Catching fry

more fry

stuby

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: L-333 "Porto Do Moz" Reply with quote

Nice pics and plecs Dale! Love the black and how the dosel is spotted...really sets it apart from the other L333's out there!

Pleco addict......got plecs?
Sandstone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:08 pm Post subject: Re: L-333 "Porto Do Moz" Reply with quote

very nice L333,, I also like the ones with the spot on the Dosel fin... makes them different. Just shipping the hand full  to me..... LOL.. thanks for shariing your pictures of your L333..bye

HAVE A WONDERUL DAY.... GOT TO LOVE THOSE PLECOS... BYE SANDY
pleconutbuck

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: L-333 "Porto Do Moz" Reply with quote

Nice pics Dale! What % of the fry have the spots on their dorsal?  Very nice looking fish. Later Steve
FantasticFins

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:33 am Post subject: Re: L-333 "Porto Do Moz" Reply with quote

I'll have to watch the fry I've held back for future breeding and ask those who've gotten fry from me to help answer that question. The answer to that question could take months or years. Now I wish I kept more fry. I'll have to pay attention to what fry from striped dorsal fin parents and fry from spotted dorsal fin parents morph into as well. I have 23 adults together in a 125 gallon tank. I might have to set up a couple experimental groups. It would be interesting to see fry from only spotted dorsal parents, striped dorsal parents, and a pair containing one of each variant.

Dale

TwoTankAmin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:01 am Post subject: Re: L-333 "Porto Do Moz" Reply with quote

I also wonder if this is something that can change with time? I have had zebras come out with poorly formed or almost absent black stripes which did then filled in over time.

Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
CanadaPleco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:14 am Post subject: Re: L-333 "Porto Do Moz" Reply with quote

Whoever took those pics did a fantastic job  Laughing

I think those were in the top few of my fave's from your fish room.   Was cool to see all the fry and the beautiful adults. THe best part was after pulling them all out to photograph and catching all those fry they spawned within hours of them being put back into the tank!

I will never sell the fry I got from you, so we shall see how their dorsals turn out.

Rich

- Rich
CanadaPleco.com
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Pleco World Forum Index ->  Pleco Breeding Time synchronized with the forum server time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: